Are you looking for new ideas on how to develop youth voice within your organisation? Are you an aspiring young professional or an early-career creative wanting to have your voice heard to make a change?
Join Nottingham UNESCO City of Literature for the Young Voices Symposium taking place on Wednesday 8th February 2023 at Nonsuch Studios, Nottingham. From 12.30pm to 5.30pm, there will be a range of speakers, workshops and panellists exploring best practice and ideas for empowering youth voice. We will cover topics such as…
- Including young people on boards
- Developing a story of change
- Hybrid engagement
- Involving young people in evaluation
- Encouraging youth voice through journalism
- International practice
- How cities can embed youth voice in the fabric of its culture
The event will culminate with performances and the launch of our own Young Voices Amplified Manifesto, developed in collaboration with young people.
The event is for professionals and organisations working with or leading programmes involving young people in any way, joined by young people who can help you take this forward and share their own experiences.
What to expect on the day…
- 12.30pm – Arrivals and networking.
- 1.00pm – Introductions and Young People on Boards.
- 1.40pm – Workshops on Developing a story of change and Engaging voice through journalism.
- 2.45pm – Workshops on Involving young people in evaluation and Delivering hybrid engagement.
- 3.40pm – An international panel sharing new perspectives followed by a local focus on what Nottingham could offer.
- 4.30pm – Launch of the City of Literature Youth Voice Manifesto with performances.
- 5.00pm – Event closing and networking.
- 5.30pm – Event ends.
The Young Voices Amplified project has been made possible thanks to the support of Arts Council England.